Friday, July 25, 2008

Comcast Is Trying

A few months ago I blogged about how Comcast was acquiring my cable provider and that there were Interweb glitches during the transition, including the fact that I could not send emails to gmail acccounts.

Someone from Comcast read the entry and commented, offering contact info. Perfect, in my opinion, and the problem was subsequently fixed. Not necessarily as a result of my actions but it couldn't have hurt.

The New York Times today has an article about this phenomenon titled, "Griping Online? Comcast Hears You and Talks Back ".

The strange part of the article for me was that some people think this a a bad, big brother is watching kind of thing. You would have to be some kind of attention whore to complain about something online and not want help resolving it. Kind of like this guy:

"Mr. Dilbeck found it all a bit creepy. “The rest of his e-mail may as well have read, ‘Big Brother is watching you,’ ” he said.
Still, others agree with Mr. Dilbeck, the University of Washington student, that the online outreach is annoying. “Comcast Is Watching Us,” declared a blog called Contempt for the World in February..."

No comments: