Monday, July 14, 2008

Five Minutes Late

Is this the new on time? Is 10 minutes late OK with everyone? 20?

One of my kids is doing track and field camp this summer - 2 nights per week from 6:00 - 7:30. We are paying good money for the privilege of our child being exposed to this coaching and exercise.

I had a busy day today but managed to get him there on time. Half the coaches showed up after we did. The coaches seem to be either young high school coaches or college students. There was an unneccesary pause toward the end while a couple of coaches had to break off and set up hurdles, which could have been done before practice started.

I have an annoying habit of never being late for anything. Maybe I'm an anomaly these days but it's not like it was a cocktail party.

I guess I'm asking too much. Well, not really. At least I don't believe I am. Is this a generational thing?

If we're meeting for a cocktail, go ahead and show up late. If I'm paying and you're getting paid, do me and everyone a favor and be there on time.

No comments: