Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain is Brilliant


I was playing golf today when the announcement of McCain's running mate, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, was rolled out so I missed a lot today.

Let me start by saying that it seems to me as if both McCain and Obama are willing to go out of their way to defy conventional U.S. political traditions and thinking. Obama's entire campaign, or most of it, has been run seemingly without regard to the old boy dem network. Heck, he didn't pick Mrs. Bill as a running mate which would have made his ticket a slam dunk. I'm impressed by him by don't like his fiscal and economic policy as stated to date. Whatever.

McCain proved again today that he is marching to the beat of his own drummer. Nobody saw this coming. I don't care that she's a woman although that will carry historical significance if McCain wins. I like the fact that she's an outsider. McCain is setting up his presidency, should it happen, such that he owes almost nothing to the republican machine.

I've mentioned this before, but I'm not American so please don't think I'm stumping for either party. I can't vote and don't care whether you do, but consider the possibility that both candidates may actually be in the position to do what they think is right.

No comments: