Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bush Last Night

“I find the greatest thing in this world not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes

I thought Bush did a pretty good job explaining to the American people why we need to get this package done. This is the only important issue for the market until something gets done, or doesn't get done.

After I post this I'm going to poke around for a survey from last night regarding what Joe Public thought of the performance. As long as Main Street thinks that the government is bailing out the banks, the battle is going to be uphill.

Intrade is putting the odds at about 6:1 as of this morning that something gets done. A slimmed down plan is better than nothing but I'd rather not see the band aid approach.

No comments: