Thursday, September 4, 2008

Comcast Strikes Again

I am a Comcast customer for cable and cable modem. I have 2 set top boxes. One with DVR in the family room and one older model in the playroom. We are not a tv-in-the-bedroom type of family.

This morning I was watching CNBC and the screen displayed the message "This Channel Will Be Available Shortly".

I turned it off and on, tried another channel, unplugged the box and plugged it back in. Rocket science, I know. Nothing. I checked the other TV and it was working fine.

I then called 1 800 COMCAST and got the "service problems, lots of call volume" message. After being on hold for about a minute, they disconnected me.

Next I went to Comcast's web site and tried the live online chat. I got one dude who chatted to me that he was the wrong dude and said that he's transfer me to the right dude. After waiting about 5 minutes I was disconnected from that.

The have some sort of automated Q&A troubleshooter called EVA. Eva is not too smart. That didn't work.

I clicked on the email Comcast link, filled in the boxes and typed my concern but much to my chagrin, there was no SEND button.

I came into the office and called the 800 number again. This time the message said there was a service outage in the area and would I like a call when it is restored. Sure.

My cable modems works. One of my set top boxes works. The other one stopped working as I was watching it.

This is one funky service outage.

Yes, I'm writing this in the hopes that someone form Comcast reads it. Please please please Verizon get FIOS to my house soon.

Peace.

edit: It's back on

No comments: