Monday, December 1, 2008

Is Google Having a Tough Quarter?

In addition to using Google as the home of this blog, I use Google calendar, finance (sometimes), maps and gmail. One of the things that I like is the lack of clutter.

I didn't comment on the following when I first noticed it, but I will now. Some time last month Google began running low-rent Google text ads on Google finance. You've seen the ads on lots of low-traffic sites and they aren't pretty. They are, to me at least, a sign that the site running them is unable to attract high-quality advertisers. Nor do the ads appear to be for content or services that anyone would be likely to click through to.

I could be wrong but to me it's a pretty clear sign that Google is stretching for revenue. The stock has certainly been telling you that all is not rosy.

No comments: