Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Tale of Two Suspensions

The New York Giants announced that they are suspending Plaxico Burress indefinitely - at a minimum for the rest of the season and the playoffs - for taking a concealed weapon into a NYC nightclubs and shooting himself in the leg with it. So far there's no word from the NFL brass on any similar punishment.

The NHL yesterday suspended Dallas Stars player Sean Avery indefinitely for making the following comments to reporters:

"I'm just going to say one thing. I'm really happy to be back in Calgary; I love Canada," the Ontario native said. "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about, but enjoy the game tonight."

Crude, sure, but an indefinite suspension?

No comments: