Thursday, July 23, 2009

Wait A Second


I missed Obama on TV last night so I was just reading the story in the Washington Post.


The following leap of logic, or lack of logic, makes no sense to me:


"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Wednesday he realized Americans were skeptical about his healthcare overhaul, but that the country's economic recovery depended on implementing the $1 trillion plan.


Obama, insisting the "stars are aligned" for approval this year despite discord in Congress over the plan, warned inaction would undermine the economy, worsen the deficit and cripple millions of Americans financially."


Is the healthcare plan now a stimulus plan? I was taught that rising taxes was exactly what not to do if you are trying to stimulate economic recovery. I guess it's different this time because the administration says it is.

No comments: