Thursday, August 20, 2009

Short Attention Span


I don't see how this is going to work. From the WSJ:


"Google Inc., which has struggled for nearly three years to turn YouTube into an advertising platform, is aggressively pushing new ad formats and ramping up deals with media companies for the online video site.

YouTube said Wednesday it will distribute a range of short clips from Time Warner Inc. properties such as CNN and the Cartoon Network. The agreement follows similar deals struck with Walt Disney Co.'s ABC and ESPN and a number of Hollywood studios earlier this year."


The last thing I want to do when I click on an online video is to sit through an ad in order to get to it. Since I'm a fan of Google I'd like to see them figure this out but I don't see it.


****


The price of oil, largely influenced by traders and not consumers, is very troubling. Mark Cuban has some interesting thoughts over here.

No comments: