Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hump


I was in NY Penn Station yesterday, walking toward the men's room past a food court.


A (homeless?) man standing in front of the restaurants put out his hand and said very quietly, "Can you help me out with some food?"


I kept moving and just shook my head no. He immediately shouted out, "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa. You're going to pay for that."


I'm not really sure what that meant but it can't be good.


****


Oil is down but U.S. equity futures are up. That hasn't been the case very often of late. Early though.


****


The WSJ is reporting that South Korea will begin allowing sales of the iPhone. We are going to see how well the device sells purely as a fashion item - it's definitely cool but is that enough?. Korea is way ahead of the U.S. in terms of personal technology deployment and adoption, so the iPhone probably doesn't have much of a functionality edge.

No comments: