Friday, November 7, 2008

Well-Played, Microsoft


I had some mice in my garage this week so I put out traps. I caught a couple yesterday, including one that sadly wasn't dead yet. Yahoo probably feels a lot like that mouse.


Microsoft most likely was lucky to walk away from the Yahoo deal at $33. Yahoo was just greedy and stupid. This time around Microsoft seems to be playing it perfectly.


"We made an offer, we made another offer, and it was clear that Yahoo didn't want to sell the business to us and we moved on," Ballmer said. "We are not interested in going back and re-looking at an acquisition. I don't know why they would be either, frankly. They turned us down at $33 a share."

Yahoo will be a part of Microsoft at some point. They're just going to have to beg and squirm some more.

No comments: