Monday, September 7, 2009

This is What They Were Worried About


If you've checked in here even semi-regularly, you probably know that I'm not a fan of the policies or strategies of the President, even though I understand that he might be a great guy. That being said, those that were worried about the implications of him addressing American students tomorrow were way off base. The White House released the text today:


"Your families, your teachers, and I are doing everything we can to make sure you have the education you need to answer [the diffficult] questions. I’m working hard to fix up your classrooms and get you the books, equipment and computers you need to learn. But you’ve got to do your part too. So I expect you to get serious this year. I expect you to put your best effort into everything you do. I expect great things from each of you. So don’t let us down – don’t let your family or your country or yourself down."


I read the whole thing, I didn't just cherry pick a quote. He will not talk about any issues whosoever that are worrying some of his right wing opponents, so unless you are against your kids getting an education or working hard, calm down.


I don't mind my kids listening at all. Quite the opposite.

No comments: